Thursday, August 13, 2009

Olive is UP/UP!

The first thing you should know about Olives, is that there are no Olives.
The second thing you should know about Olives, is that there are no Olives.

Ok, so there are several sites/blogs you can use to build an Olive.

Here's what worked for me:
Juniper Olive Install

which seems to piggy back off of Sid Smokes

My network cards were purchased from eBay based on recommendations from JuniperClue.

I used the following code, thereby bypassing the "ELF binary type "0" not known": jinstall-7.4R1.7-export-signed.tgz (no I cannot share a copy).

Though, you should be able to resolve such an error using this or I Can Has IPv6.

The issue I ran into, (that I could not seem to find a resolution for on the www), was the following error:

ERROR: recognize_model: Unable to discover hard drive Issue

=================== Bootstrap installer starting ===================
Initialized the environment
Routing engine model is Olive
Sourcing /sbin/Olive
No harddrive device found!
ERROR: recognize_model: Unable to discover hard drive
You are now in a debugging subshell (you may not see a prompt)...
# Console: serial port
BIOS drive A: is disk0
BIOS drive C: is disk1
BIOS 639kB/228288kB available memory


The resolution was "simple." The HD should have been physically cabled as primary master, and I had it cabled as secondary master. Once I cabled it correctly, I had to reload FreeBSD and the jinstall file from scratch. After that, I was good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment